Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wisdom Tooth Extraction: Put Your Oral Health Back on Track

Wisdom tooth extraction seemed like a very painful process. When I first started getting sharp pains toward the back of my mouth I really didn't think too much about it. It wasn't until I went to my dentist and learned about the third molars and the health of my teeth. I recently just had my braces removed from my teeth. So I felt confident, and my orthodontist was always commenting me on my tooth health. I brushed and flossed every day. So when the pains didn't stop my dentist, broke the bad news to me. I had impacted wisdom teeth. My dentist was surprised that I could deal with that much pain and still go on doing normal every day activities. He said they where some of the worst he had seen and it was going to be painful to have my wisdom teeth removed, and that the wisdom teeth removal should have started years ago.

When I went to the Mayo Clinic as a pre-screening for my Third molars tooth extraction, I didn't want the wisdom tooth extraction to begin. All I could think about was the puffy cheeks and pain that was coming because of my impacted wisdom teeth. I would try to stay positive but it was hard with a guy with dental utensils probing around in my mouth. I didn't want to go through with the wisdom tooth extraction. I figured it really wasn't hurting my oral health by keeping my wisdom teeth in my mouth. My dentist recommended removing my wisdom teeth so they wouldn't ruin my teeth and the years I had with braces.

After the pre-screening they wanted to get my wisdom tooth extraction of my wisdom teeth done as soon as possible. They set up an appointment to have my third molars removed in a week at the Mayo Clinic. I was nervous about the wisdom tooth extraction, and everyone kept giving me extraction aftercare tips. Which came in handy, except many of the tips contradicted each others. I decided that it would be best to ask the oral doctor the best tooth extraction aftercare tips. Meanwhile my impacted wisdom teeth began to hurt worse than ever before. I was glad I made the choice to get my wisdom tooth extraction process going so my oral health would be the best.

On the day of my Wisdom teeth removal I was worried, I didn't want to deal with the pain. I knew the wisdom tooth extraction was necessary. Everyone at the mayo Clinic was concerned with my oral health and helped calm my fears. They filled me with knowledge about extraction aftercare tips to help my mouth heal the fastest and best way possible. Once I sat in the chair and they gave me the medicine I was out. And my impacted wisdom teeth were removed from my mouth. I was surprised that I didn't feel any pain and the extraction went better than the oral doctor thought it would. The rest of the day I was out of it. I didn't remember anything; I kept asking everyone about the dentist, and my teeth. A couple days later wasn't that well. I could feel the stitches at the back of my mouth and my oral health seemed to be worst than it had in years. Overall the wisdom tooth extraction went well and my oral health was back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment